Friday night my girlfriend and I went out to dinner at an adorable little Mexican restaurant in the West Village. She and I both work for the same company, but have since started working at different sites. Because we worked together for several years and have the same job and career paths, we always have a lot to talk about.
We can entertain each other for hours and our dinner dates typically last late into the evening and sometimes into the early morning hours. Thankfully, (or not so thankfully, according to my wallet) this is not a problem in the city that doesn’t sleep.
Saturday morning when I dragged myself out of bed, I sorted through the receipts in my purse. All totaled, I’d spend about $80 on dinner and drinks. Was this my most frugal moment? Nope. Do I beat myself up over it? No. She and I don’t get to see each other that frequently, and when we do, I’m not worried about frugality.
If she suggests guacamole…I’m in.
Beers at a local pub afterwards because we still have so much to talk about…Of Course!
Sure we could have done the evening out on a budget. Or we could have met up for drinks at one of our apartments. Or we could have met for coffee on a Sunday afternoon, instead of meeting for dinner on a Friday evening, but where’s the fun in that? We both work really hard and once in a while we’re going to, “go all out”.
Sometimes it’s hard for my frugal side to be submissive to my spender, but life is short, buy the guacamole!
This Week’s Standouts:
- Makin the Bacon- I’d Rather “Make the Bacon” and Bring it Home, Than Cook it
- Freedom Thirty Five Blog-Thinking Like the Rich
- 101 Centavos-Stupid Friends Are Expensive
- Sweating The Big Stuff-3 Things We Pay For That Proves We’re Lazy Americans
- Do or Debt-What’s the Strangest Thing You’ve Ever Done for Money?
- Tackling Our Debt-Can Becky Afford to Stay at Home With Her Baby?
Friends Who Mentioned Me:
- Praire Eco Thrifter-Friday Links Spring is in the Air
- Mo Money Mo Houses-Weekly Link Love & a Giveaway, All You Can Eat Edition
- Frugal Rules-Frugal Friday-Blog Posts That Ruled
- The Ultimate Juggle-Yakezie Carnival It’s Almost Spring Edition
- L Bee And The Money Tree-Saturday Cowgirl Rodeo Round-up
- Budgeting In The Fun Stuff-Weekly Favorites, Gratitudes & Giveaways
- The Random Path-Link Love:Hello March Edition
- Financial Lessons Learned From My 80 Year Old Grandma
- Sex & The City on a Budget
- Gel Manicures at Home=Huge Money Saver
Do You Spend “Too Much” When You’re With Friends? Are You OK With an Occasional Splurge?