This week marks my 3 anniversary of working at my company. The time has gone both quickly and incredibly slow if that makes any sense. With all of the crisis I deal with on a day to day basis, I sometimes wonder how I’ve made it so long in such a crazy work environment (In case you’re a new reader, I’m a Social Work Manager at a Supportive Housing Residence).
Because I didn’t take all of the clinical courses I needed when I was in graduate school, I’ve recently learned that I need to take 3 additional clinical courses to be eligible to sit to my LCSW exam (the clinical license social workers need to work and diagnose patients independently in NY state).
Not only is this incredibly frustrating, because I thought I was completely finished with school for the rest of my life (or at least until I wanted to go back for a phd if the mood ever struck). It’s also going to be expensive, ugg. My first class starts on Wednesday. so I’m a little nervous about balancing an intense job with graduate level coursework. But I’m cautiously optimistic that I can make it all work. Cross your fingers for me and we’ll see how it goes.
Survivor’s Standouts From the Past Week:
- Daily Money Shot-Why I Almost Quit Blogging and Why I didn’t
- Add Vodka-Job Hopping and Generational Differences in Opinions About Careers
- My Money Design-Doing a Better Job Tracking My Passive Income Streams and Retirement Income
- Making Sense of Cents-So You Want to be A Freelance Writer?
- Femme Frugality-Getting the Most Out of Pregnancy Health Insurance
- The Frugal Path-Pros and Cons of Living With Your Extended Family
- Canadian Budget Binder-How I Support My Family on One Income
- The Random Path-What Happened to My Allowance?
- L Bee and The Money Tree-Lifestyle Blogs: Empowering Women or Just Setting Us Back 50 Years? In the past few weeks, both Glen at Monster Piggy Bank and Grayson at Debt Roundup became fathers. Stop over and Congratulate them!
Have You Ever Gone Back to School or Taken a Class as an Adult While Working?
How’d You Manage Doing Both?