Whether you’ve heard the song or not you’re probably familiar with the reference. Last Wednesday was my “bug” day if you know what I mean. I swear almost nothing went right. Here’s what the day looked like so you can feel my misery a little bit, if you’d rather not just skip to the end of the post:
- I wake up in the morning and I have a horrible head cold. I’m so congested I can barely breathe and my lips are stuck together (gross)
- I get on the bus and there are almost no seats. I have to sit at the front in the seats that face other passengers. They watch me blow my nose and sneeze (double gross).
- There appears to be some sort of accident that delays the bus before the tunnel for over 40 minutes.
- I roll into work an hour late.
- My social worker texts me that he has to talk to me about something “important”.
- Said social worker then comes by my office to let me know that he’s resigning. I just hired him 6 months ago and he’s finally trained and “up to speed” (FML).
- I inform my supervisor that I’m going to need to take off some time to attend my uncle Steve’s celebration of life service and “Oh yeah my social worker resigned”.
- I have a meeting with a client who screams (at no one in particular) for about 40 minutes.
- Bus ride home is uneventful (except for the fact the passenger who decided to sit with me and basically sat on my lap-really? WTH! scoot over jerk).
- I arrive home and rush to the bathroom. After I go, I realize that I took the TP roll into the bedroom because we were out of tissues and I needed to blow my nose.
There’s no real point to this post except for me to vent a little bit. I guess sometimes I read blogs and it feels like everyone’s life is cheerful and happy all the time. I just want my readers to know that even though my life is wonderful 95% of the time, 5% of the time it totally stinks. I try to keep things positive (nobody wants to read “my life is stinks” posts all the time because that’s a downer), but sometimes I have a bear of a day and it’s almost so terrible I have to laugh at myself. Bottom line, life sucks sometimes. But that’s life and things do get better. In light of the recent unexpected passing of my uncle, I realize that everyday is precious, even if it’s a bad day. So I’m thankful for what’s dropped on my plate, even if today I happen to be the “bug”.