I’ve missed a couple of months worth of goal progress posts, so I thought it was important to do a little update to remind myself where I am. I’ve actually been making a fair bit of progress in some areas, and since the end of the year is nearing, I want to kick my efforts up a notch in some categories.
**Updated to add, these goals started out as my goals for 2013, and I’ve updated/changed some of them as the months have gone by to re-focus on what’s most important to me, make the individual goals more challenging, delete goals that I no longer want to work on etc.**
- Cook 1 new meal per week- I’ve actually been doing really well in this category. I wouldn’t necessarily call some of the things I’ve been making “meals” but I have been trying to cook from scratch more. I’ve been experimenting with a bunch of new recipes (I’m going to post a few in the next couple of weeks) and I’ve tried some new breakfast ideas, including these mini omelet muffins.
- Read 6 books- Still reading books and articles for school, so pleasure reading is pretty much non-existent. In fact, I’m taking this goal off my list until this semester is over.
17 pounds- OK, so this one is a little touch and go. I’ve made some progress, then I fell off the wagon a little bit and now I’m back to 133.5. I’m not sure that Weight Watchers is going to be the program for me, but I’m going to continue to try to eat healthier and cook more from scratch. I’m also going to stop stressing when I “slip up.”
- Jog 3 times a week- I’ve still been jogging/walking 5k, two times per week, but getting in that 3rd jog doesn’t always happen. I know it’s good for me and will help with my strength and weight loss, but I’ve been feeling a little overwhelmed with work and school lately, so jogging has not really been at the top of my priority list (although it should be).
- Make 6 knit projects-Big progress this month! I finally finished a cowl I’d put on hold since last year. I also started knitting again on a hat that I’d started a long time ago. Only 5 more projects to go.
- Finish the graduate course I’m taking- I finished my summer course successfully (A :-)) and I’m completing my 3rd of the three clinical courses that I need before I sit for my licensing exam. I just wrote my mid-term, so my final paper is the last paper between me and the exam.
- Get my Alexa Ranking below
200k100K & keep it there- Right now I’m hovering at 100k (low is good). I’ve recently received a lot of support from fellow bloggers and readers lately (you guys are the best!)
- Have 1000 Twitter Followers- During the last update I was at 912, now I have 1128! Thanks to all my new followers, I feel so popular!
- *New Goal* Increase my facebook following. Right now I have 32 likes. I’d love it if you’d like the SDS facebook page.
250500 RSS subscribers- Yay! Goal achieved. 253 of you are now subscribed, holy cow! So I’m going to think big and try to increase that number to 500. Go big or go home, right?
- Guest Post at least 4 times this year- I’ve finally made some progress on this goal. I guest posted a couple of times over at Economag. It’s a really fun and entertaining site and I encourage you to stop by if you haven’t already. Good stuff! Interested in guest posting here on SDS? Just shoot me an e-mail I love to support fellow bloggers.
- Save $12,500-So far this year I’ve saved $8853.00 in my Capital One savings account. Technically I’ve saved $10853.00, but I had to spent $2000 to pay for the two courses I needed to take at my alma mater. **Shameless plug-If you’re in the market for an online savings or checking account I’d recommend Capital One 360. New customers get a $25 bonus for setting up a savings account and a $50 bonus for opening a checking account-you can get both bonuses-I did!**
- Make $200/mo in extra income- In September I made $570 in extra income. $50.00 was from freelance writing, $10 was from a beer rebate (curious about how I made $350 last year with beer rebates?) read more here $150 was from blog advertising and $360 was from cat sitting. I really would like to get my freelance writing income back up. I haven’t had as much work at the site I was writing for, so if you’re looking for a writer/blogger/guest author please shoot me an e-mail!
- Travel to Las Vegas- We’ve been trying to plan something with my parents, since they are interested in going with us. It looks like this might not happen until next spring because my mom is a teacher (only gets school holidays) and my step-dad can’t really travel during the winter months because of his job. We have, however been planning a trip with my grandparents. We’re thinking we might do a cruise, but we’re waiting on my grandfather’s passport, which unfortunately has been held up by the government shutdown, ugg (#firstworldproblems). Once he gets the passport we can finalize our travel plans and destination.
Image: lululemon athletica